The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder

The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder -Health & Beauty Informations. This article, entitled The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder, we have prepared this article carefully for you so you can retrieve information therein. Hopefully you understand the contents of this article that we put under the category knowledge, well, happy reading.

Title : The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder
link : The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder

Baca juga


The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder

by Stephen Wickhem
Tiny Buddha

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert there are few." ~ Shunryu Suzuki

"Twenty days !!!!" she wrote on March 8.

"I can not wait to be in Central Park!" She wrote 10 March.

"in a week, I'll be like a kid on Christmas eve, full of excited anticipation for tours the next day," she wrote on March 21.

"I literally do not think I'm going to New York tomorrow morning. So excited and ready for this adventure!" she wrote on March 27.


Clearly, Heather was more than a little excited about her upcoming trip on March 28, and I was starting to feel it, too.

I remember exactly how it was when I visited the city of New York for the first time dancing on the roof of the Standard in magic hour and $ 18 cocktail in hand; full belly laugh taking photos on the scene with Becky as we climbed boulders in Central Park; riding on a tour of Big Bus Manhattan, totally entranced as historic buildings flashed by, each more impressive than the last.

Until my arrival was a perfect snapshot in time : standing on the top deck of a ship beautiful cruise, taking autofotos with my Romanian infatuation, my wannabe lover, as we sailed in front of the Statue of Liberty

Less than twenty-four hours later. I decided that this would be the place that one day I call home. "Jump and the net will appear" I said.

And less than three months after that, I did. I packed everything in the city of Los Angeles and flew across the country to the city of my dreams.

The period of honeymoon was lovely.

smiled for a week straight , mesmerized by all upset about nothing. I was constantly looking up, looking around, paying attention, taking everything.

I wrote my first observations in my diary , taking into account the preciousness of these small details that eventually go unnoticed. After all, you can not experience anything for the first time twice.

I tried to capture my enchantment with the city of New York on paper, knowing that eventually fade away.

and he did.

the ability of humans to adapt to their environment is both a blessing and a curse.

for me, it meant becoming fluent with the subway system, but increasingly impatient with waiting times. Staking claim to my favorite coffee shop, but closed to the idea of ​​venturing into new ones.

In the early days I was out until four o'clock, driven by a desire to explore and fear of losing. But as the new bright-ness of my natural environment he grew bored, combined with a growing "I've seen it all" attitude, I felt more often than not content to become a pumpkin before 10:30 PM.

that does not mean I'm no longer in love, but I'm not with open eyes and bushy tail. Days go by and I forget that I live in one of the most vibrant places on earth.

The arrival of Heather was the perfect reminder.

Full of enthusiasm and admiration in every sight and sound, overlooking the city with a new set of eyes. Pure. Unjaded.

tried to see through their eyes, too.

And so, without making any effort, Heather was able to show how to navigate the city with the mind beginner.

I originally learned about this concept, known as Zen Buddhism "shoshin," my sociology professor at Chapman University. Dr. McGrane used to give unconventional assignments, as meat consumption without utensils, or standing still in a crowded space, with only one rule:. Enter each exercise with beginner's mind

do not try to predict the results, he urged. Do not try to figure out the point. You just have to do and learn through doing, rather than thinking. Needless to say, the results of these experiments were revealing. (But I can not say why ... you have to experience for yourself.)

In short, the beginner's mind is the art of trying to experience what you have experienced before, like the first time. The aim is to put on hold their preconceived ideas and all-knowing attitude so you can tour the world from a place of openness.

Having a beginner's mind is to have a willingness to return to discover the simple joy and wonder of everyday life.

The opposite of this is the expert's mind.

While the experience of beginner life directly, as is, the expert experience life through a filter , living mostly in his head. The novice experiences the current reality, but the expert experience an interpretation of reality through a myriad of thoughts.

beginner, enamored by a rainbow in the sky, says, "Wow, look!" But the expert, after seeing a rainbow before, is not impressed and attempts to explain the magic: "Oh, that's just an arch of colors formed in the sky caused by the refraction and scattering of sunlight rain or other water droplets in the atmosphere. "

Walking through the woods, the novice is in awe of perennials, known as glorious trees. While the expert can enjoy the trees, which are more concerned with labels and data: the age of the tree, history, classification, etc.

Information and intellect can be useful tools but can also diminish the wonder of everyday life.

The concept of beginner's mind is the same as the Western trope "see the world through the eyes of a child."

Did you know that children could be our greatest Zen masters? They travel the road without knowing at all.

I remember once when my niece She was three years old, ran up and down the same hill again and again, at least thirty times, until my patience wore thin and he made us leave. That's because without being dominated by the voice in his head every time he did it felt like the first time.

She was not bogged down by the need to be productive. She did not feel awkward or silly to repeat the same stupid action. She was live in the moment , enjoying the simpler pleasures.

As we age, it becomes more and more difficult for us to experience the same ordinary joy. Then we spend our whole lives on a journey of trying to capture that again.

Heather is certainly not a child, but his Twitter account was full of children revelations during his stay with me that week.

"In love with New York. Better . City. Never. I'm moving here, "he tweeted on March 28

" Drinking whiskey, play pool, the best time of my young life, "she wrote on March 28

"Dinner with my best friend in Little Italy, about to head to the Broadway show. life is amazing," she wrote on March 30.

"Today it is so perfect. for afternoon stroll on a sunny day, 70 degrees, through the city, on the way to Central Park, "she wrote on April 1.

" the big city is what I want. what I need . it felt good to me. New York has become a drug of the same, "she April 4 wrote.

Heather does not need any knowledge of Zen that inhabit this concept because it really was a beginner.

in his amazement at the amount of people around us zipping; walk through Central Park, his astonishment at the fact that this giant could exist oasis in the middle of a big city; entering the American Museum of Natural History, its inflexible for knowledge and appreciation of the culture densely populated city curiosity.

remember I used to think about these things, too.

De cesar crowded tourist hot spots (Times Square, Ellis Island, Ground zero) visits full of wine in places as diverse as gay nightclub El Gallo and ultra trendy East joint Village Wayland, Heather and I were in constant motion . Five boroughs make up the city of New York, and within no more than eighty Manhattan neighborhoods. So much ground to cover, so little time.

I was exhausted, but make a conscious effort to practice attention and look at the city as if it were the first time, I was rejuvenated and I fell in love new.

How could I have thought possible "I've seen this all before?"

This city is constantly changing. Life is constantly changing. The world we knew yesterday is not the world as it is today.

In that sense, we are all beginners. We are all experiencing every day, every new set of twenty-four hours for the first time.

need not go beyond the end of our block to discover new precious details, but we are only aware enough to realize.

as this experience reminded me, he is not always the landscape that has to change, but our perspective. I am grateful for Heather to lead by example with authenticity and unknowingly on how to remain grateful and attentive to this place I call home.

"The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder", article source: riseearth.com


Thanks for Reading The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder

Thank you for reading this The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder, hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder Url Address https://healthnbeautyarticles.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-magic-of-beginners-mind-see-world.html

0 Response to "The Magic of Beginner’s Mind: See the World Through Eyes of Wonder"

Post a Comment