Title : 5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare
link : 5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare
5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare
by Paula VitalTiny Buddha
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other it is as though everything is a miracle. " ~ Albert Einstein
a few months ago, I had my first mammogram. I have two cousins who died very young breast cancer and an aunt who recently died of the disease, so I started my mammograms a little earlier than most.
This was pretty routine mammogram, except a few days later I was asked to return for another, and an ultrasound. This second visit was more like those programs or movies when you feel someone is about to get very bad news.
People kept looking at the screen with a very serious look, but ignoring me. They called for more people, who was also watching the screen and frowned. Then the doctor came, and held for about an hour, looking at the screen and tells me nothing. After about three hours, I was told to come back for a biopsy.
The biopsy was pretty good, and I was told that results would be ready in about ten days.
for these ten days, which was mostly sure everything would be fine, but part of me felt that perhaps the long life that always assumed I would have to they could be shortened. Rather than stressing about it, I started living like I could die, very, very soon.
These are the things I started doing. Now that grateful discovered that I am cancer free, I'm still living this way and greatly improved my quality of life:
1. Every morning in bed when I wake up, I take a moment to notice I'm alive.
I took a deep breath and feel what is true for me at that time. Even if I feel heavy, dark, tired, or afraid, let me feel that. Then I bring some love and compassion to any state I am. I feel my body, my breath, and feel a sense of gratitude for being here, awake, alive.
Then I imagine the day ahead. From the beginning, I recognize that all I want to do things they can not do. I allow room for imperfection.
Finally, I bring to mind my highest aspiration, to be a peaceful presence calm and be useful to others as best I can, to live as best you can. Then I get out of bed
lesson. Remember that many people went to sleep last night and did not wake up this morning. Today is a gift. Recognizing that every morning gives a powerful start to the day.
2. I prepare for the day as if it were a special occasion.
Before my cancer scare, I used to keep my best dresses for parties or holidays. I wore makeup only occasionally. My regular work days were a matter of pulling my most comfortable sweater, putting my hair up and out the door.
These days, I put on my best clothes all the time. I invested in some makeup that makes me feel beautiful, and took extra five minutes every morning to put it.
The moment I walk out the door, I feel like I'm ready to take the world by storm, and welcome in honor of the day the profound miracle it really is, and each task as an opportunity to bring my best forward
lesson. Imagine you would star in a movie today. How to prepare you for the day? Do not forget that every day, the star in the movie of his life. Make it count!
3. I embody fully today instead of life as if there is a better place have to get ahead.
I used to think that what was you doing at a given moment was fine, but there would be a time when it would be only a little better. Over time, I would like to take a promotion at work, enters into a groove with my business, and I really feel that I had made my life and had some order and permanence to it.
My cancer showed scare me this time never comes. We have this fantasy to think life is about to begin, and then ends, as well. The only time we can start living it at this time.
I do not expect a better time to get more involved in my work, more love to my family and friends , more committed to my practice of mindfulness. I do it now, the best I can.
never feel orderly or permanent, and I will make many mistakes along the way. But I no longer hold back. Better time will never come, so choose to jump by 100 percent today
lesson. Are you hoping to achieve a particular goal or milestone, to start to really live? What if today, began to live as if had gotten there? Ultimately, what we seek is the feeling of living our purpose, and we can choose to do this every day.
4. I think of what I would like people to say about me when I'm gone, and live this way.
Sometimes, I look people who have something "more" than me and wish it had a higher position, better practice yoga, more friends, in a relaxed manner about them.
While very easily notice someone who has more than we can make us feel inadequate, in other ways, you can help define what we want to be today.
Every day when I look at my highest aspiration, I wonder, what qualities is what I want you people remember me? I think of the people I most admire, and I notice that it is not necessarily the highest or the most flexible place.
is the openness, kindness, presence, the joy of being together, that I remember. So find these qualities in myself, and let it shine. . The best I can
The lesson: Think about the qualities I most admire in his best friend, a mentor, guide or teacher. Can we allow these same qualities to shine within you? We all have within ourselves the potential for greatness. Do not be afraid to let your light shine.
5. I take the opportunity to observe nature all day.
My very active mind often leads me get somewhere without knowing really how I got there. Get stuck in the planning, organizing, analyzing in my head, and miss the beauty that is present along the way.
My yoga teacher Felicia recently challenged me to notice the nature whenever you are available. It may be just a small tree on a busy street corner, or a flower in the middle of a row of cubicles. Nature reminds us of the wonder of being alive without anything at all.
Now I take more time to notice the buds on the trees, squirrels running around, and dogs that are so happy to not be freezing over. They bring a smile to my face and I reconnect with my inherent sense of vitality and well-being
lesson. Today, on his way home from work, take a time to observe nature. Even if it is a small tree or clouds in the sky, focus on this. When your mind wonders to something that happened before or what to do next, politely but firmly bring it back to nature. They can feel you are part of this miracle of life?
-
My brief encounter with my own mortality reminded me that there is beauty in the ordinary. A life well lived is not necessarily full of glory and admiration, but one clear intention and authenticity.
Being true to myself and bring goodness every moment as best I can empowered to know that when it comes my last day, I lived really.
"5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare", article source: riseearth.com
Thanks for Reading 5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare
Thank you for reading this 5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare, hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.
You are now reading the article 5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare Url Address https://healthnbeautyarticles.blogspot.com/2016/06/5-ways-ive-lived-life-more-fully-since.html
0 Response to "5 Ways I’ve Lived Life More Fully Since My Cancer Scare"
Post a Comment