Title : Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations)
link : Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations)
Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations)
is amazing how an extra 25 degrees and several more minutes of light it can make you feel like spring is just around the corner. This weekend was a balmy 45 degrees (7 degrees C) and I'm trying not to get overexcited. The snow melts, my light jacket came out, and for a second I'm taking a break from hot soups. I had intended to share this salad recipe around Easter, but decided to go ahead and share now because I am already in a mood of spring. He had better hurry, because very soon the cold air rushes in Artic here to slap me back to reality.
really do not like to define my diet beyond "/ no animal products of plant origin." I consider myself an amateur. I like to dabble in different styles of eating. That is my way of saying I like to eat all . Some days, we eat a lot of fruits and potatoes (high wing in low-fat carbohydrates) and other days lots of dishes of beans and nut butters. We are especially gluten-free, but not 100%. I try to ensure that food choices dominate our whole diet, but are not perfect, and sometimes eat packaged foods. I use a little oil for cooking, but some days I challenge not use any. Usually it is a combination of all, it works very well for me and for my family. Some of starch, a good amount of protein herbal, some healthy fats, lots of vegetables, lots of fruits and whole grains like quinoa.
While much of our food is cooked, I like to try to get as far as raw, fresh produce as possible. I love to learn about raw food preparation, and all the fun things that can be created. Eating raw vegetables can be much more exciting than the carrot and celery, but does not have to be fancy and involve exotic fruits and vegetables. My goal is to eat raw and cooked foods 50/50 a day. Actually it is not a difficult goal to achieve. A big shake for breakfast, fresh fruit or vegetables for snacks (ie, apples and raw almond butter or veggie sticks and homemade tahini sauce), fresh lunch vegetables and dinner, and is basically there . I always try to look at my lunch or dinner plate and see if I can fill it with half raw and half-cooked food.
The carrot salad dishes like walnut raisin today make eating more raw foods easier, not to mention tasty! You can make a light meal by serving the salad wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves, or on top of some leafy greens and chopped vegetables, or is a food 50/50 by adding cooked quinoa or chickpeas. Or try stuffing everything - salad, quinoa and chickpeas - in a gluten-free wrap. The salad can be adjusted to your taste, whether you want as sweet or bitter, without nuts or raisins, or with an Asian touch. I have included some variations so hypothetically you can change it and make it different every time.
This salad is full of vitamin A, antioxidants, healthy fats, and even iron from plant foods (thanks to parsley and raisins). Basically, this dish is a dream for hair and skin, not to mention their health and wellbeing. Best of all is that it is cheap to make, use readily available ingredients, and has a sweet and buttery flavor that even kids will love. It is good at any time of year, even after thawing January is inevitably chased away by snowflakes February. Sigh.
raw carrot salad walnut raisin with creamy almond butter Dressing
- 2 to 3 large carrots, shredded or processed (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
Seasoning:
- soft 1/4 cup raw almond butter (creamy toasted work well)
- 2 tablespoons juice lemon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar raw apple
- 2 teaspoons tamari low sodium or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Instructions:
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Combine all salad ingredients and dressing in a large bowl and fold together to evenly coat salad in dressing. Taste and add a pinch or two of sea salt and pepper. Adjust the lemon juice, maple syrup and soy sauce to taste. I ended up adding another handful of raisins and nuts as well, but one eye and see. Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to develop.
Notes and Variations:
- You can use the food processor with the shredding attachment to carrots grated, or just buy pre-shredded, to save time.
- Instead of walnuts, pecans use chopped raw almonds, cashews or even. Toasting nuts or other nuts, if desired.
- For a salad without nut, use sunflower seed butter instead of butter almond and use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead of nuts. Or try sesame paste instead of almond butter and fruit seeds or sub drier instead of nuts. You may need to adjust maple syrup to account for the slightly bitter taste of sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- Instead of raisins, try dried cranberries, dried cherries or golden raisins.
- For a carrot salad Asian-inspired, try replacing almond butter with peanut butter, use lemon juice instead of lemon juice, cilantro instead of parsley, and add a little oil sesame seed toasted the dressing (maybe 1/2 teaspoon). Try using dry roasted peanuts and / or sesame seeds instead of nuts.
Source: feedingyourbeauty.com
Thanks for Reading Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations)
You are now reading the article Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations) Url Address https://healthnbeautyarticles.blogspot.com/2016/01/raw-carrot-walnut-raisin-salad-with.html
0 Response to "Raw Carrot Walnut Raisin Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing (with variations)"
Post a Comment