6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)

6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap) -Health & Beauty Informations. This article, entitled 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap), we have prepared this article carefully for you so you can retrieve information therein. Hopefully you understand the contents of this article that we put under the category health, well, happy reading.

Title : 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)
link : 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)

Baca juga


6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)

By Kavetha Sundaramoorthy

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; You can not be changed without changing our thinking. ~ Albert Camus

When depression hits, your thoughts and feelings is sequestered. Seductive lies whispers in the ears; is gradually starting to sound like the truth. I know what it feels like, because I've had problems with it too. If depression was known lies on the contrary, commonly used, then you can ignore or replace them with your own inner truth. And every time you do that, you have healed a little

Therefore, here are some 'depression' common deceptions to consider.

1. It is a condition chemistry. So I can not do anything right?

Incorrect.

I am a psychiatrist and I hear this a lot. And that put me off. As a society, we have gone from one extreme to view that everything was related to his mother at the other end, now everything is a chemical condition that is beyond our control. Both are too simplistic. We are complex individuals with unique and rich histories. No one answer that always fits us all.

If your brain is made up of electrical impulses and chemicals that change a million times in one day and make their thoughts and / or emotions. And yes, often, severe clinical depression requires medication. In fact, they can be life saving and essential in some situations. But, listen closely, even when they work well, drugs alone will not prevent you from getting depressed again. What they do is give enough relief to then work on your car, and change things in your mind and life, so hopefully, you do not feel depressed again.

Indeed, some forms of therapy, such as cognitive therapy based on mindfulness has been shown to be even better than drugs to reduce the risk of relapse (the time you've passed the worst hump).

The human mind is very powerful, but much of it is subject to change. It is a difficult process, but worth the effort.

2. Anyone with my childhood / work / marriage / health / finances could be depressed!

Each of us lives in our own head and so can only feel our own pain. We can empathize with others, but can not fully feel the joy or pain of another person as intimately as we feel our own.

This can lead us to feel trapped by the pain of our own circumstances life.

I used to feel this way too. My depression was telling me "Your mother committed suicide and his father is a narcissist. It is not possible for you to be happy." The worst part was, I thought for a long time.

Since then, I have been fortunate to feel my own strength, to learn about the brain, reading books and meeting incredible people who have overcome great obstacles, which proves to me again and again that the human spirit is greater than the sum of past events.

you have a great inner strength and wisdom within you. Anyone who has ever happened in the past is just a part of you. Do not let dictate all his life.

3. I've tried everything. Nothing works for me.

Do you feel like you've tried everything to help yourself? And nothing is working?

If that's the case, maybe you're trying too hard. Sometimes pursuing happiness makes it more ... ..elusive, like a butterfly that will only come and sit softly on your shoulder when you can just be in his presence without chasing him.

Try simply surround yourself with people who seem really happy. Not the kind of Polly Anna surface happy. But people who exude a sense of deep satisfaction and peace from within. Do not compare or force happiness to come to you. Just being in his presence.

4. I will be happier once I lose weight / get a raise / buy a house ...

spent a lot of my time in my 20 years with the hope that if I just worked desperately towards achieving this or that, I would live happily ever after. Well, I did achieve most of these things, and make me feel excited briefly, but soon I was back to my usual mood. Feeling confused, I would replace it with another "target" and persecution after that, hoping that this time, happiness would be deeper and longer lasting.

And one day was telling me this theory a close friend, and she just said "What now? Why do not you just be happy now?"

What struck me. Because he was not telling me not to reach my goals, but I was losing the possibility of NOW.

At this very moment is full of possibilities. Whenever you start to worry about the future or happiness connect to an elusive goal , take a moment to bring your awareness back to this time. Use your senses to really see, hear, smell and touch their immediate environment. And think of one thing he is grateful for today. Maybe it's your cup of coffee, hug your child gave you or your friend called to share a joke. Whatever it is, if you loved, really spend a few moments of being genuinely grateful that you had today.

5. I messed up a lot. I hate myself. I am not worthy of happiness.

This is a difficult question, because they do not love ourselves, which is where the work must begin. No foundation, no building.

Whatever you have done in the past is gone. That time may never come back.

However, each new breath you take now is a new opportunity in life. It is totally fresh and alive to shape your liking. And if it does not, it's okay, your next breath is again a new possibility. And the next. And the next.

Until you take your last breath, which has millions of moments to start again and become the person you want to be. It all depends on what you do with each.

6. Most of my life is fine, except that an "X" thing

A I once read a story that goes something like this.

a teacher puts a big white board with a black dot on it, and then ask students to describe what they see.

most of them come close to scrutinize the board and blurt out the answer excitedly "the black spot! There is a black spot on it!"

Finally, the teacher says "it is interesting that most of you do not they realized all the blank board in front of you, but chose to focus on a small black dot "

This is what happens when we focus only on the negatives. I'm not saying that their difficulties are only point size. No way. All I say is: Do not forget to enjoy the beautiful expanse of white in your life. Because it's there.

Does your depression / anxiety hijack your mind too? Share your thoughts in the comments section.

Source: thechangeblog.com

"6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)", article source: riseearth.com


Thanks for Reading 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)

Thank you for reading this 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap), hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article 6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap) Url Address https://healthnbeautyarticles.blogspot.com/2014/01/6-lies-your-depression-wants-you-to.html

0 Response to "6 Lies Your Depression Wants You to Believe (& How to Not Fall Into The Trap)"

Post a Comment